Jewellery Care and Advisories
Our Stainless Steel lockets are made from Premium 316L surgical grade, so will not rust or tarnish and are hypoallergenic (kind to your skin).
However, jewellery made from other materials can become tarnished, including Sterling Silver and even the most precious of metals. To help you keep your piece tarnish free for longer we have provided these advisories below.
- Do not overload your floating locket to a tight fit as this can put pressure on the glass, weaken the structure and cause breakage of the glass centre. Ensure the charms and plates can move around easily in the locket.
- Keep materials away from strong odours such as perfumes, aftershave, scented creams etc.
- Remove all jewellery when washing and showering.
- Remove items of jewellery at all times when washing, using chemicals and sprays.
- Allow sprays and creams to dry fully before wearing Jewellery.
- If you accidentally get any chemicals onto your jewellery, wipe immediately with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- It is advisable not to sleep in jewellery as this may weaken the structure, causing breakage and loss of parts/gems.
- Package your goods whenever possible to avoid tarnishing through air/airbourne chemicals.
- Avoid wearing multiple items of jewellery as repetitive mixing of beads can cause scratching.
- Jewellery is delicate. Take care not to drop or pull as this can cause damage and possible loss of parts/gems.
- Invest in a good Jewellery polishing cloth
Children over 36 months must only wear under close adult supervision. Not suitable for children to wear or handle under 36 months, only for keepsake purposes.